Helping Hands is a brand-new ministry for Our Lady of Victory. We are a group of parishioners who care deeply about the well-being of the parish community and its members. We strive to help our parish family by providing assistance in welcoming new parishioners, providing meals (and prayers!) for grieving or struggling parish families, lending a hand with parish functions and activities, and helping to cultivate a warm and inviting environment around the parish and school.
Children, let us love not in word or speech but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:18
Need an idea?? Check out these kindness ideas:
• Leave a note letting the parishioner(s) know you are praying for them
• Make homemade cookies, brownies, or cupcakes (no nuts!)
• Create a handmade gift (i.e., scarf, bookmarks, cards)
• Write a note thanking the parishioner(s) for their volunteerism at OLV
• Drop off a few doughnuts (or a healthy treat, like fruit)
• Make a ‘snack sack’ with your favorite snacks in a decorated bag
• Write out a few of your favorite scripture passages
• Leave a bouquet of flowers from your garden on their doorstep
or create your own paper flower bouquet that won’t wilt
• Pass on a favorite spiritual or uplifting book
• Draw a picture or have a child you know draw one for you!
• Write the story of who showed you the OLV RAK and how you will
continue in the weeks to come. Be inspirational!
Websites with additional info: